Develop global competence of Japanese high school students through intercultural experiences without going abroad.
All students aged between 15 and 17 are eligible to apply for this programme. You do not need to be the best academically as we are looking for people who are able to adapt, are open and willing to share their culture as well as learn a new one.
Minimum acceptance criteria:
– Aged between 15-17 on date of departure
– Still be at school whilst in the application process
– Be in good physical and mental health
– Be open minded, mature and ready for a challenge
– Academically highly motivated, top-quartile students
– Be prepared to continue your schooling in a foreign country, and be committed to learn the language
– Be adaptable, responsible and flexible
– Be a keen learner and experience the world!
– Believe and understand the mission of AFS; become a global citizen by going on one of our programs
– Japanese learners
– Financially needed
– Potential to be future leaders of sending countries