Develop global competence of Japanese high school students through intercultural experiences without going abroad.
All students aged between 15 and 17 are eligible to apply for this programme. You do not need to be the best academically as we are looking for people who are able to adapt, are open and willing to share their culture as well as learn a new one.
Minimum acceptance criteria:
– Age requirement:
Currently Form 3 (Date of Birth: 1 Jan 2003 – 31 Dec 2003)
Currently Form 5 (Date of Birth: 1 May 2001 – 31 Dec 2001)
The age requirement is set as such due to the visa and school requirement in Japan. Student need to be in certain age during their arrival.
– Still be at school whilst in the application process
– Be in good physical and mental health
– Be open minded, mature and ready for a challenge
– Academically highly motivated, top-quartile students
– Be prepared to continue your schooling in a foreign country, and be committed to learn the language
– Be adaptable, responsible and flexible
– Be a keen learner and experience the world!
– Believe and understand the mission of AFS; become a global citizen by going on one of our programs
– Japanese learners or willing to learn Japanese
– Financially needed
– Potential to be future leaders of sending countries