- AFS collects and uses personally identifiable information (PII) that you submit;
- AFS collects and uses this PII for the purpose of providing AFS services, for marketing and communication in relation to these services, and for performing research;
- For the purpose of providing its services, AFS may transfer this PII to AFS organizations and other parties involved in the provision of AFS services in your home country and in other countries;
- AFS transfers this PII across international borders to securely store this information in other countries. Currently those locations are in the US, Germany and Thailand;
- You have the right to access and update your PII at any time;
- In some circumstances you have the right to request the erasure of your PII;
- AFS may use (third party) cookies and other similar techniques to obtain information from you when using the AFS websites in order to facilitate your use of these websites;
- If you are a minor and your parent’s/legal guardian’s consent is required for you to provide PII, ask for your parent’s/legal guardians for permission.
PII includes amongst other things, your name, your home and e-mail address, your date of birth, your (mobile) telephone number, schools and university attended, highest grade/qualification received, year of graduation, area of study, social media links, an image, photo or video of you, specific AFS program information (type, year, etc.), travel details, a personal statement, your CV or resumé, certain medical history and medical disclosures, as well as answers to specific questions.
GOALS AND PURPOSE
AFS Intercultural Programs, Inc. (together with its Network Organizations and its Subsidiary, as those terms are defined below, collectively referred to herein as “AFS”) is dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information. AFS works hard to create an online experience that is detailed, efficient and productive by using the information you entrust us responsibly. AFS is committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws throughout the world.
- AFS ONLINE
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, PROCESSING, AND DISCLOSURE
- DATA TRANSFERS ACROSS INTERNATIONAL BORDERS
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
- SECURITY SAFEGUARDS
- ON-LINE TECHNOLOGIES
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND NETWORK WEBSITES
- MINORS AND CHILDREN UNDER 13
- CONTACT US