The New Zealand Educators Program Outline:
- Visit a minimum of two different schools during the Program. As a participant, you will spend the weekdays in a classroom working with a teacher and observing junior levels.
- Experience unique opportunities by being fully involved; working with students over several classes, where you can observe and work with students and gain insights into teaching practices by New Zealand trained teachers.
- The 2-week program will include part homestay and part hotel accommodation. It consists of school visits, community pot lucks and meetings, sightseeing, cultural visits, an interview with the media and of course, shopping! There will be a chance to present and teach in some of the classes.
- Experience New Zealand culture by visiting pre-school and Maori immersion classrooms. Where arrangements can be made, you will visit a Teacher Resource Centre and have other meetings arranged that fit with your goals for the program. For example, visiting sports groups, Universities or a College of Education.
- Be hosted by an AFS host family and receive full support through the AFS National Office.
- Participate in cultural events and local AFS activities if these coincide with your trip
How much does it cost?
RM 15,000. Fee includes international travel and medical insurance. Pocket money / Personal allowances are on your own.
When do I have to apply?
Closing deadline: 30 April 2018
How do I apply?
To apply, download the Educators Program 2018 application form